Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
In this lesson, we will review what the prostate is and identify causes and risk factors for developing benign prostatic hyperplasia, also known as BPH. We will also look at signs and symptoms of BPH and testing used to confirm the diagnosis. Next we will summarize the treatment plan for BPH with both surgical and non-surgical options, and review important nursing interventions and client education topics for safety and the prevention of infection and complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the function of the prostate gland
- Describe benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Recognize causes and risk factors for developing BPH
- Summarize signs and symptoms of BPH
- Select medications used to treat BPH
- Identify surgical treatment options for BPH
- Distinguish priority nursing assessments and interventions for clients diagnosed with BPH
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free