In this lesson, we will identify some modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for developing bladder cancer. We will review the urinary system and discuss how bladder cancer can affect normal urinary function. We will also look at signs and symptoms of bladder cancer and testing used to confirm the diagnosis. Finally we will review medical and surgical treatments for bladder cancer and the nurse’s role in managing symptoms and preventing complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Review structures of the urology system
- Identify causes and risk factors for developing bladder cancer
- Summarize signs and symptoms of bladder cancer
- Determine testing used to assess for bladder cancer
- Recognize treatments and medications for bladder cancer
- Establish nursing interventions for client care after surgery for bladder cancer
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free