Chronic Kidney Disease
In this lesson, we will identify some causes and risk factors for developing chronic kidney disease, or chronic kidney failure. We will review the different progressive stages of chronic kidney disease and how they affect normal urinary and kidney functioning. We will also take an in depth look at the metabolic changes that are caused by chronic kidney disease and how they can affect the functioning of many other body systems. Finally we will review client education topics to offer information and support in managing and treating chronic symptoms.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Outline causes and risk factors for developing CKD
- Discuss signs and symptoms of different stages of CKD
- Explain signs and symptoms of potential complications of CKD
- Identify testing used to confirm CKD
- Discern priority nursing assessments and interventions for each stage of CKD
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free