Complementary & Alternative Medicine
In this lesson, we will discuss the difference between complementary and alternative medicine practices. We will identify types of both practices and look at both the benefits and potential complications that can occur. Finally, we will review several types of medical ideologies and how clients may apply them to their healthcare practices.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define CAM
- List examples of complementary treatment methods
- Identify methods to include complimentary treatments as nursing interventions
- Recognize potential side effects of using complementary treatments
- Describe client teaching for aromatherapy
- Differentiate between different medical ideologies
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free