In this lesson, we will define cystitis and review some of the most common causes and risk factors for developing this disorder. We will also look at signs and symptoms of cystitis and common testing used to confirm the diagnosis. Finally we will review priority nursing interventions and client education topics for managing and treating symptoms of cystitis and preventing serious complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define cystitis
- Identify causes and risk factors for developing cystitis
- Summarize signs and symptoms of cystitis
- Recognize how signs and symptoms of cystitis may differ in older adults
- Select testing used to confirm cystitis
- Discuss medications and treatment options for cystitis
- Explain nursing interventions for working with clients diagnosed with cystitis
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free