In this lesson, we will discuss what the nursing responsibilities are during the intraoperative phase of a surgical procedure. We will also identify members of the surgical team and identify some different roles that nurses can play during surgical procedures. Anesthesia, medications, and safety precautions will be addressed along with assessing for and preventing complications of anesthesia. Finally we will review priority nursing assessments and interventions during a surgical procedure to promote safety and prevent surgical complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify members of the surgical team
- Describe types of anesthesia
- Discuss potential side effects to anesthesia
- Identify nursing interventions throughout surgical procedures
- Examine the function of a time out sheet during surgical procedures
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free