In this lesson, we will review some causes and risk factors for requiring a kidney transplant. We will also assess eligibility for becoming a kidney donor including blood type compatibility. We will then go over potential complications after a kidney transplant nurses and clients need to monitor for. We will identify nursing assessments and interventions for after a kidney transplant to provide safety and infection control and finally we will list some of the signs and symptoms of a kidney transplant rejection.
Upon the completion of this lesson, learners will be able to:
- List causes and risk factors for requiring a kidney transplant
- Discuss the criteria for kidney donation
- Review blood donor compatibility
- Determine priority nursing interventions before and after a kidney transplant
- Recognize medications used to manage symptoms and prevent complications after a kidney transplant
- Identify signs of kidney transplant rejection
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free