In this lesson, we will take a look at what Lyme Disease is and what causes it. We will identify risk factors for Lyme Disease and methods of preventing contraction of this disorder. We will identify signs and symptoms and diagnostic testing for Lyme disease along with potential long term complications. Medications and tick removal will also be covered, which will help to guide assessments and nursing interventions.
Upon the completion of this lesson, learners will be able to:
- Describe the cause of Lyme disease
- Identify signs and symptoms of Lyme disease
- Summarize treatment for Lyme disease
- List nursing interventions for treating Lyme disease
- Determine methods to prevent Lyme disease
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free