Nasogastric Tube Placement and Removal & Tube Feeding
In this lesson, we will discuss some factors that would indicate the use of a nasogastric tube. We will also outline how to insert, manage, and withdraw a nasogastric tube using proper techniques. Lastly, we will discuss special consideration for inserting medications and feedings into nasogastric tubes to prevent complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the functions of a nasogastric tube.
- Describe how to properly insert a nasogastric tube .
- Determine nursing interventions used to prevent complications in client’s with a nasogastric tube.
- Explain special nursing considerations for tube feeding to prevent complications.
- Review how to properly remove a nasogastric tube.
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free