In this lesson, we will review the function of the pancreas and identify causes and risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer. Additionally, we will go over common signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer and testing used to confirm the diagnosis. We will then discuss dietary, medical, and surgical interventions that are available for treatment and nursing interventions for each treatment method.
Upon the completion of this lesson, learners will be able to:
- Review the function of the pancreas
- Discuss signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer
- List causes and risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer
- Identify diagnostic testing used to confirm pancreatic cancer
- Determine priority nursing interventions for caring for clients after surgery for pancreatic cancer
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free