In this lesson, we will review the process of peritoneal dialysis and review its function in treating kidney disorders and kidney failure. We will also differentiate between the processes of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. We will then go over potential complications of peritoneal dialysis and identify priority nursing interventions before, during, and after the procedure.
Upon the completion of this lesson, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose of peritoneal dialysis
- Select two types of peritoneal dialysis
- Describe the process of performing peritoneal dialysis
- Identify priority nursing interventions before, during, and after peritoneal dialysis
- Differentiate between peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free