Polycystic Kidney Disease
In this lesson, we will talk about what polycystic kidney disease is and identify some factors that can increase the risk of developing it. We will review signs and symptoms of the disease in addition to diagnostic testing used to confirm it. Finally we will review priority nursing interventions throughout treatments for polycystic kidney disease to prevent complications and manage symptoms of this chronic renal system disease.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify two types of polycystic kidney disease
- Describe how polycystic kidney disease affects normal kidney function
- Summarize signs and symptoms of polycystic kidney disease
- Discuss surgical interventions for polycystic kidney disease
- Determine priority nursing assessments and interventions for working with clients diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free