In this lesson, we will discuss what the nursing responsibilities are during the preoperative phase of a surgical procedure. We will also identify nursing assessments and interventions, including client education topics, that are aimed at promoting safety and preventing surgical complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define preoperative nursing
- Describe nursing responsibilities during the preoperative period
- Summarize preoperative assessment requirements
- Identify the nurse’s role in diagnostic testing in the preoperative period
- Determine client education topics for preoperative care
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free