In this lesson, we will define pyelonephritis and review some of the most common causes and risk factors for developing this upper renal infection. We will also look at signs and symptoms of pyelonephritis and common testing used to confirm the diagnosis. Finally we will review priority nursing interventions and client education topics for managing and treating symptoms of pyelonephritis and preventing serious complications.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define pyelonephritis
- Discuss causes and risk factors for developing pyelonephritis
- Differentiate between signs and symptoms of acute versus chronic pyelonephritis
- Recall medications used to treat pyelonephritis
- Establish priority nursing assessments and interventions for clients diagnosed with pyelonephritis
- Recognize potential complications of pyelonephritis
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free