In this lesson, we will talk about what renal calculi are and what can cause them to develop. We will review signs and symptoms of the disease in addition to diagnostic testing used to confirm it. Finally we will review priority nursing interventions throughout treatments for renal calculi including dietary education that is aimed at preventing complications and managing pain.
Upon the completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe renal calculi
- Discuss causes and risk factors for developing renal calculi
- Summarize signs and symptoms of renal calculi
- List testing methods used to confirm renal calculi
- State foods to avoid to prevent renal calculi
- Determine surgical interventions to treat renal calculi
- Identify priority nursing interventions for clients with renal calculi
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free