Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
In this lesson, we will go over what Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, more commonly known as lupus, is and identify some causes and risk factors for developing this chronic immune system disorder. We will review common signs and symptoms and potential complications of lupus along with testing and assessments used to confirm the diagnosis. Medications to treat lupus will be assessed and important side effects and considerations surrounding medications will be identified, which will help to guide some nursing assessments and interventions. Lastly we will go over nursing interventions and important client education topics to help manage symptoms of this chronic immune system disorder.
Upon the completion of this lesson, learners will be able to:
- Describe systemic lupus erythematosus
- Discuss causes and risk factors for developing systemic lupus erythematosus
- Identify signs and symptoms of developing systemic lupus erythematosus
- Identify nursing interventions for treating systemic lupus erythematosus
- Determine treatment methods used to manage systemic lupus erythematosus
Take this course and learn a new skill today. Transform your learning with our all access plan.
Transform your learning with our all access plan.Try for Free